The Nokia C111 Wireless LAN Card is extended type II PC card, offering a data transmission rate of up to 11 Mbit/s in a wireless local area network (LAN) environment. The Nokia C111 is equipped with internal antennas and two external antenna connectors.
The Nokia C111 Wireless LAN Card supports the Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® Me, Windows® 2000, and Windows NT® 4.0 operating systems.
Nokia’s wireless LAN cards enable you to wirelessly connect compatible laptop computers, hand-held devices, desktop PCs, and other devices with a type II or III PC card slot to a wired local area network through an access point. Instead of cables, radio waves are used to transmit and receive data over the air. With the Nokia C111 you can:
- set up an infrastructure network where wireless stations communicate with wired and wireless stations through an access point. You can wirelessly access your company database, e-mail, the Internet, and other network resources, for example.
- set up an ad hoc network where wireless stations send and receive data directly with each other. No access point is needed, and as long as the stations are within range, you can, for example, share and exchange files.
The Nokia C111 comes with an integrated smart card reader. Vital information, such as security keys and personal network profiles that make moving between networks easy, can be stored on a smart card.
- Type: PC card (extended type II)
- Dimensions: 116 mm x 54 mm x 5/10 mm
- Weight: 45 g
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b
- Integrated antennas
- External antenna connectors
- Security:Wired equivalent privacy (WEP) with up to 128-bit secret key.
- Smart Cardsupport: PC/SC compliant integrated smart card reader for security key (WEP) storage, profile storage, and other applications.
- Power consumption 5 V
- Sleep: 10 mA
- Receive: 180 mA
- Transmit: 310 mA
- Operating temperature: -5°C…+55°C
- 13 channels (depending on local regulations)
- Supports data rates of 1, 2, 5.5, and 11 Mbit/s.
- Operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz using direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) radio technology.
- Output power; 35 mW (with the internal antennas)
- Receiver sensitivity: min. -84 dBm
- Coverage area
- Outdoor: Max. 400 m radius
- Office environment: 20 m-100 m radius (depending on the building)