- Colors : Blue velvet, Silver putty
- Dimensions : approx. H111 x W44 x D18 mm
- Weight : approx. 77 g
- Battery : Lithium Ion Battery
- Continuous stand-by time : approx. 270 hours
- Continuous call time : approx. 130 min.
- Charging time : approx. 155 min.
Slide to it!
- Just “slide” down to receive an incoming call.
- Just “slide” up to end a call.
- It can easily be done with one finger.
- The benefit of the “slide” has been proven by Nokia users across the globe.
- Fully extending the “slide” brings the microphone to your mouth.
- The microphone in the tip of the “slide” comes right to your mouth, enabling you to speak naturally without having to raise your voice.
- This cellular phone enables you to transmit data and mail messages to and from PCs or PDAs without using cables.
- At the same time data communications are possible between two NM502is, or between the NM502i and the NM207.
- There is no need to buy and carry data cards and cables. Following objects are exchanged:
- Registered telephone numbers
- calendar notes
- user’s telephone number information
- i-mode mail messages
- This i-mode phone is extraordinarily compact.
- The i-mode button is located, on the side of the phone, where your finger falls when you grip the phone. Just push the button, and the i-mode menu appears.
- Only the NM502i offers bilingual (Japanese and English) i-mode support.
- You can easily enjoy i-melody, i-animation and downloading.
- You can easily bookmark those i-mode sites that you frequent regularly.
Contents Portal Service
This is an on-line service that allows you to use a variety of services, provided by the many Information Service Providers(ISPs). It is extremely easy to use. For example, you can use banking and ticketing services with i-mode.
You can view an i-mode-compatible homepage(homepages that have not been created using i-mode-compatible tags and GIFs will not be properly displayed) by entering the address into an i-mode cellular phone, to access the internet.
This is a service designed for mail exchange between i-mode cellular phones. You can use this service to send mail to another i-mode subscriber or e-mail via the internet.
- Up to 500 entries in total can be stored in the Phonebook.
- One Phonebook entry can contain a name, up to 4 phone numbers, a note, an e-mail address and a voice tag.
- You can create secret Phonebook entries which can only be accessed using your security code number.
- You can place a call using the voice recognition function. Record the voice tag, then, to place a call.
- Press YO-BE-BA button and speak aloud the name of the person you want to call.
- You can record up to 25 voice-tagged phone numbers.
- You can choose a ring tone from 21 melodies.
- You can also download pre-composed ring tones from the internet using i-mode, and compose your own ring tones with the ring tone composer.
- You can set a different ring tone for each group.
- An animation appears on the screen to alert you of a call and then icons and animations are displayed on the screen so that you can check the status of various functions at a glance.
- You can also download your favorite images.
- The NM502i can alert you by vibrating.
- You can choose from three types and set a different type for each group.
- When you cannot answer a call, a greeting message is played and the caller’s message is recorded.
- A maximum of 18 messages with an approximate total of 60 seconds can be recorded.
- You can record the voice of the person that you are calling during a call, or you can record your own voice when the NM502i is in the idle state.
Call quality alarm
- An alarm is sounded, prior to a call being terminated due to poor reception
- You can check a specific date and create up to 50 calendar notes to assign to specific times and dates.
- Calendar notes can be exchanged between NM502i units, or data can be exchanged between the NM502i and a PC by IR communications.
- You can access a range of useful NM502i functions by voice command.
- You can use the infrared communications function to exchange data between NM502i units, or between the NM502i and a PC.
- Data that can be exchanged includes: Phonebook entries, calendar notes, own phone number and i-mode mail.
- This function allows you to set any one of five different modes, including Manner mode, depending on how and where you want to use the NM502i.
- The menu and text can be displayed in English or Japanese.
- You can set a time for the alarm to sound.
- Use this function if you have difficulties using your NM502i.
- Voice Mail Service:The Voice Mail Service Center takes all messages from callers.
- Call Waiting Service: You can accept a call while in another call.
- Call Forwarding Service: You can transfer all incoming calls to a designated phone number.
- Fax-Retrieving Service: The Fax Service Center receives all fax messages from callers.
- i-mode: You can use on-line services that include the contents protal service, i-mode mail and internet access.
- Color: Blue velvet silver patty
- Size: 111 mm x 44 mm x 18 mm
- Weight: 77g
- Battery: Lithium ion electric battery
- Stand by: Approximately 270 hours
- Talk time: Approximately 130 minutes
- Charge time: Approximately 155 minutes
- Service: PDC 1.5GHz
- Memo redial (500 cases)
- Memory group function (20 groups)
- Chinese character memory
- One-touch dial (10 cases)
- Two touch dial (10 cases)
- Redial memory (10 cases)
- Absent arrival past record (10 cases)
- Arrival past record (10 cases)
- Voice tag equipped memory (25 cases)
- Audio command (20 cases)
- Secret memory
When dispatching the convenient function which is used
- YO BE BA – speech recognition dial (25 cases)
- House-sit telephone quick touch dial
- One touch redial
When arriving the convenient function which is used
- Message memo
- Vibrator (3 types)
- Arrival sound selection (21 types)
- Silent service
- Active slide
- Arrival group idea contest (11 types)
- Arrival animation (1 types)
- Arrival denial function
While speaking by telephone the convenient function which is used
- Audio filter function
- Noise canceler
- While speaking by telephone menu
- Mute function
- [uisupa] function
- Subjective transmission quality alarm
- Re-connection function
i mode function
- e-mail address register (500 cases)
- Reception mail retention (50 cases)
- Transmission mail retention (30 cases)
- Definite form sentence (20 cases)
- Message R retention (40 cases)
- Message F retention (20 cases)
- Book mark (40 cases)
- Picture memo (99 cases)
Clock & calendar
- Digital clock indication
- Alarm timer
- Calendar display function (monthly, weekly and day unit)
- Reminder function (50 cases)
- At the time of power source off alarm function (reminder and for alarm)
Function concerning display indication
- High resolution display
- Power source on/off animation
- Big display (106×111 pixel)
- 6 line 8 full size letter indications
- Bilingual function (Japanese/English)
- [meinmeniyuanimeshiyonaikon] extensions
- Game (3 types: Opposite, racket and space impact)
- 5 modes
- One-touch manner mode
- One-touch drive mode
IrMS interface (infrared ray interface)
- Modem built-in
- Object exchange (memo redial, calendar note and e-mail)
Merit of hardware
- Whip antenna
- 16 core connectors
- Hyper talk
- 2 colors LED (red/green)
- Illumination setting for economical electric power
- 9600bps data /FAX communication
- DTMF transmission function
- Key guard
- Dial lock
- Telephone call time/fee indication
- i mode
- One-touch drive mode service
- FAX it is service
- Originator number indication service
- Re-connection hand off
- Number plus
- Short mail service (only dispatch)
- House-sit telephone service
- Transfer telephone service
- Three person telephone call services
- Information gate service
- Call-waiting telephone service